Statutes of the Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
§ 4 Non-profit Status (extract from statutes)
(1) The company exclusively and directly pursues non-profit purposes within the meaning of the “tax-privileged purposes” section of the German Tax Code.
(2) The company is selflessly active; it does not primarily pursue goals that serve its own economic interests.
(3) The funds of the company may only be used for the company purposes according to these statutes.
(4) The shareholders may not receive any share of the profits or any other form of remuneration from the funds of the company.
(5) No person may benefit from expenditures that are not related to the purpose of the company or from disproportionately high remunerations.