Senior Research Fellow
Other Activities and Research Interests
International Law, in particular International Dispute Settlement, International Investment Arbitration and Investment Law, European and German Procedural Law, Administrative Law, Comparative Administrative Law
Professional and Academic Background
Since 10/2016 Habilitand and Research Assistant to Professor Dr Anja Seibert-Fohr, Hengstberger Chair of Public Law, Public International Law and Human Rights, Heidelberg University (Germany)
Since 7/2015 Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law, since 1/2016 also Coordinator of the International Max Planck Research School for Successful Dispute Resolution in International Law
4/2008–1/2016 PhD Heidelberg University; thesis title: amicus curiae before international courts and tribunals (summa cum laude); supervisor: Professor Dr Dres h.c. Burkhard Hess
5/2015 Second State Examination in Law, Berlin (Germany)
4/2014–12/2014 Training Stage, Linklaters LLP, Berlin (Germany)
1/2014–3/2014 Training Stage, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Berlin (Germany), Department EA5 (Litigation before the Courts of Justice of the European Union)
5/2013–5/2015 Civil and Judicial Training Program (Referendariat), Kammergericht Berlin (Germany)
10/2011–2/2012 Assistant Legal Counsel, Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague (The Netherlands)
3/2010–5/2010 and 1/2011–5/2011 Visiting Fellow, Lauterpacht Centre for International Law, University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
4/2008–9/2011 Research Assistant to Professor Dr Dres h.c. Burkhard Hess and Professor Dr Dr h.c. Thomas Pfeiffer, Institute for Private International and Business Law, Heidelberg University (Germany)
7/2008 First State Examination in Law, Heidelberg (Germany)
2002–2008 Studies of law at Heidelberg University, Germany and National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Weimar Constitution, 1919. (last updated June 2017) In: Grote, Rainer/Lachemann, Frauke/Wolfrum, Rüdiger (eds), Max Planck Encyclopedia of Comparative Constitutional Law, OUP, Oxford 2017–.
- Rule of Law and the Sustainable Development Goals (with Frauke Lachenmann), In: Lachenmann, Frauke/Röder, Tillmann J/Wolfrum, Rüdiger (eds), Max Planck Yearbook of United Nations Law. Vol 18, Brill, Leiden 2015, pp 286–331.
- Affected Individuals in Proceedings before the ICJ, the ITLOS and the ECHR (with Burkhard Hess). In: Hestermeyer, Holger/Wolfrum, Rüdiger (eds), Coexistence, Cooperation and Solidarity: Liber Amicorum Rüdiger Wolfrum. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Leiden 2012, Vol 2, pp 1086–2211.
- Choice or Default? UNCLOS, Other Dispute Settlement Systems and Choice of Procedure Pursuant to Article 287 UNCLOS, In: Bartolomej Kzan (ed), Jurisdictional competition of international courts and tribunals. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Wroclawskiego, Wroclaw 2012, pp 121–160.
- Nothing but allegations and accusations? The legality of Israel’s and Hezbollah’s use of force in the July war of 2006, Studentische Zeitschrift für Rechtswissenschaft, Vol 4, No 3, 2007, pp 443–456.
2011–2012 Scholarship by International Max-Planck Research School on Successful Dispute Resolution in International Law
2008–2011 Scholarship by Graduate Academy on “Successful International Dispute Resolution”, funded by the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg
2011 Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Bonn (Germany)