Research Fellow (Middle East and North Africa)
Other Activities and Research Interests
Transitional Justice, International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Public International Law
"The Legality of Amnesties For Core International Crimes According to International Law in Respect of the Transitional Justice Process in the Republic of Yemen after the events of the Arab Spring" (Ph.D. project)
Professional and Academic Background
Since 10/2014 Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law, Heidelberg (Germany)
Since 8/2011 Doctoral Candidate, Walther-Schücking-Institute for International Law, University of Kiel (Germany)
8/2011 – 9/2013 Research Associate, Walther-Schücking-Institute for International Law, University of Kiel (Germany)
5/2011 Second State Examination in Law, Munich (Germany)
1/2011 – 3/2011 Training Stage, Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations, Security Council: Department on Asia and Afghanistan/Department on Humanitarian Affairs, New York City (USA)
4/2009 – 5/2011 Judicial Training Program (Rechtsreferendariat), Munich, Germany 01/2009 First State Examination in Law, Munich (Germany)
2/2002 – 1/2009 Studies of law, main focus on public international law and European law, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Germany and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- The Deployment of the German Armed Forces to the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA), in: German Yearbook of International Law, 2016, Vol. 58, pp. 443 – 464.
- Book review on the textbook of Andreas von Arnauld: Völkerrecht, in: Deutsches Verwaltungsblatt, Vol. 128, 2013, pp. 1313-1314.
- Preventive Detention revisited before the ECtHR: O.H. v. Germany, in: German Yearbook of International Law, Vol. 55, 2013, pp. 659-670.
- Denial of Individual Right to Compensation to Victims of WW II Massacre in Light of the ECHR: Sfountouris and Others v. Germany, in: German Yearbook of International Law, Vol. 54, 2012, pp. 741-752.
Participation in Conferences
- 2 Aug. 2014 XII. Law Talk “International Criminal Law and Human Rights Implications for Cambodia”, Konrad Adenauer Foundation, presentation on: “The Evaluation of the Legality of Amnesties for Core Crimes according to international law”, Sihanouk Ville (Cambodia).
- 8 May 2013 Völkerrechtliche Tagesthemen, presentation on: “Bewaffnete Drohnen für die Bundeswehr?”, Walther-Schücking-Institute for International Law, University of Kiel (Germany).
- 21 Dec. 2011 Völkerrechtliche Tagesthemen, Walther-Schücking-Institute for International Law, presentation on: “Die Staatenimmunität im Lichte des Verfahrens Deutschland v. Italien vor dem IGH”, University of Kiel (Germany).