Stephan F H Ollick, LLM
Country Manager and Research Fellow
Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kyrgyzstan
Other Activities and Research Interests
Comparative Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Law and Society, Legal Theory
Since 4/2021 Country Manager, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
Since 6/2017 Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
2017 Second State Examination in Law (Zweites Staatsexamen), Cologne/Düsseldorf (Germany)
12/2016–2/2017 Elective training stage, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
11/2015–2/2016 Administrative training stage, German Federal Foreign Office, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
2015–2017 Civil and Judicial Training Programme (Rechtsreferendariat), Higher Regional Court of Cologne (Germany)
2013–2014 Master of Laws (LLM), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London (United Kingdom)
2012 First State Examination in Law (Erstes Staatsexamen), Cologne (Germany)
2009–2011 Certificate in United States’ Law (CUSL), University of Cologne (Germany)
2006–2012 Studies of law, University of Cologne (Germany) and University College London (United Kingdom); Elective Focus Area: Legal History and Comparative Private Law
- Stephan F.H. Ollick, ‘Constitutional Law and the Economy: Comparing Liberal Market Orders’ Fombad, Charles M. and Steytler, Nico (eds), Constitutionalism and the Economy in Africa (Oxford University Press, Oxford 2022) pp 73-98.
- Stephan F.H. Ollick, ‘Taking Embodiment Seriously: Constitutional Law, the Economy and the Forms of Underdeterminacy’ Lachenmann, Frauke and Wolfrum, Rüdiger (eds), Max Planck Yearbook of United Nations Law Vol 23 (Brill, Leiden 2020) pp 290-313.
- Stephan F.H. Ollick, ‘The European Union in the Mediterranean Sea: Navigating the Political-Legal Shallows’ Lachenmann, Frauke and Wolfrum, Rüdiger (eds), Max Planck Yearbook of United Nations Law Vol 21 (Brill, Leiden 2017) pp 271-298.
- Constitutional Law and Economic Policy: A Comparative Survey. Seventh Stellenbosch Annual Seminar on Constitutionalism in Africa. Hosted by the Institute for International and Comparative Law in Africa (ICLA), University of Pretoria and the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS). Stellenbosch, South Africa, 18-20 Sept. 2019.
- Identity in Constitutional Law. Diversity and Social Perspectives. Hosted by the German Academic Exchange Service. Khartoum, Sudan, 30 Jan. – 1. Feb. 2018.