Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
Public Relations and Event Manager (f/m/d)
(full-time or part-time)
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking to fill a position:
Position: Public Relations and Event Manager (f/m/d)
Location: Max Planck Foundation Office in Heidelberg, Germany
Term: As soon as possible; 1-year fixed term (with the possibility of extension)
Closing date for applications: 10 March 2024
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to our partner countries (see: https://www.mpfpr.de/). Through legal consulting and capacity building activities, the Foundation assists states endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
Your fields of responsibility are to support the management in the representation and improving the Foundation’s visibility focusing on its online presence, the administration of news articles to ensure timely publication, general communications, reporting to donors; involvement in the Foundation’s strategic development; and the planning and implementing of events in Germany (eg workshops and conferences for international delegations, or meetings of the Scientific Advisory Committee).
- Supporting management with general communication and with the strategic development of representation and public outreach, implementation of guidelines, networking groups etc;
- Foundation materials (such as activity reports) – content management, preparation, and distribution; liaising with external providers;
- Online activities – website maintenance, news and vacancy posts and social media; ensuring web (eg project descriptions, staff page) and social media content is up to date;
- Foundation newsletters;
- Full event support for project teams, internal and external meetings, and staff activities; liaising with external providers; and
- Miscellaneous tasks in the field
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Business level fluency in English, preferably native speaker level, and fluency in German essential;
- Open-mindedness, creativity and innovation essential;
- Editorial competence, attention to detail, ability to prepare content in a comprehensive and creative manner suitable for the target group
- Knowledge and experience in internal/external communications and event management
- Editing images and graphics, experience with graphic design software would be advantageous
- Solid website content management experience, ideally WordPress
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in international and intercultural environments
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Remuneration based on the Collective Agreement on Public Service Wages under German Law (Tarifvertrag des Öffentlichen Dienstes – TVöD Bund);
- Public service social benefits, such as regular salary adjustments through tariff increases, 30 annual holidays, annual special payment (Jahressonderzahlung);
- Subsidies for a company pension scheme;
- Allowance for capital-forming benefits;
- Meaningful work in an international working environment;
- Ideal transport connections (5 minutes’ walk from Heidelberg main station and company car park on the doorstep);
- Further training opportunities and employee development through regular development meetings;
- Pleasant working environment in a team that is looking forward to meeting you!
The Max Planck Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified men and women, including those with disabilities, to apply.
If we have sparked your interest and you would like to work in a dedicated team, then send us your application (CV, cover letter, degrees, reference letters). We look forward to your application!
Your contact person is Sara Maiorino.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and desired work volume (subject: “Public Relations”) by 10 March 2024.