Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
Public Relations and Event Manager (f/m/d)
(full-time or part-time)
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking to fill a position:
Position: Public Relations and Event Manager (f/m/d)
Location: Max Planck Foundation Office in Heidelberg, Germany
Term: as soon as possible; 1-year fixed term (with the possibility of extension)
Closing date for applications: 8 August 2021
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de/). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
Your field of responsibility would be to support the management in the representation and improving the Foundation’s visibility focusing on its online presence, the administration of news articles to ensure timely publication, general communications, reporting to donors; involvement in the Foundation’s strategic development; and the planning and implementing of events in Germany (e.g. workshops and conferences for international delegations, or meetings of the scientific advisory committee).
- Online activities – website, news and vacancy posts, and social media; ensuring web and social media content is up to date
- Foundation materials (such as activity reports) – content management, preparation, and distribution; liaising with external providers
- Full event support for project teams, staff activities, and internal meetings
- Supporting management with the strategic development of representation and public outreach, implementation of guidelines, networking groups etc.
- Proof reading / translation into English and preparing Foundation newsletters
- Miscellaneous tasks in the field
- University degree in a relevant field
- Business level fluency in English, preferably native speaker level, and proficiency in German essential
- Solid website content management experience, ideally WordPress
- Editorial competence, attention to detail, ability to prepare content in a comprehensive and creative manner suitable for the target group
- Knowledge and experience in internal/external communications and event management
- Editing images and graphics, experience with graphic design software would be advantageous
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in international and intercultural environments
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Remuneration based on the Collective Agreement on Public Service Wages under German Law (Tarifvertrag des Öffentlichen Dienstes – TVöD Bund)
- Public service social benefits, such as regular salary adjustments through tariff increases, 30 annual holidays, annual special payment (Jahressonderzahlung)
- Subsidies for a company pension scheme
The Max Planck Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified men and women, including those with disabilities, to apply.
If we have sparked your interest and you would like to work in a dedicated team, then send us your application (CV, cover letter, degrees, reference letters). We look forward to your application! Your contact person is Natalia Klein.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and desired work volume (subject: “Public Relations”) by 8 August 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.mpfpr.de.