Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking for
Working Students (f/m/d)
(Law or Humanities)
In the Asia Team (Editorial Position)
(8 hours or more/week)
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to those countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavoring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Max Planck Foundation is looking for a student assistant to assist with the editorial process of finalizing a comparative law volume on the domestic implementation of international law prior to its publication and printing. The main tasks will be formatting and editing of legal texts. This is a good opportunity to get familiar with editorial work and to get an in-depth knowledge of the legal subjects and jurisdictions dealt with in this publication.
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany
- studying Law, or comparable
- knowledge of Public International Law and Law of the Sea desirable
- proficiency in English
- thoroughness and very good eye for detail
- good computer skills (Word; Adobe PDF; Zotero)
- practical experience with editing texts, including OSCOLA (preferred)
- commitment and flexibility
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 14.26 Euros
The Max Planck Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal (https://www.mpfpr.de/careers/) stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment by 24 March 2023.