Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking for:
Working Students / Student Assistants (f/m/d)
Middle East and North Africa/Sudan Projects
(8 hours or more/week)
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Foundation is looking for student assistants to facilitate the on-going preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops for projects based in the Middle East and North Africa or Sudan. Main duties will include: legal research as well as research on political developments within the project countries and the region, organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop materials, review of seminar evaluations, as well as translations.
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany at least until the end of 2021
- studying Law with a focus on Public International Law OR Political Science, Islamic Studies, Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Ethnology or comparable
- very good English skills
- very good Arabic and/or French skills
- knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law desirable
- practical experience and interest in the Middle East and North Africa and/or Sudan desirable
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel und PowerPoint)
- commitment and flexibility
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 14.01 Euros
The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (Reference: Student MENA/Sudan) by 4 July 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.mpfpr.de.