Other Activities and Research Interests
Constitutional Law, Legal Pluralism, Access to Justice
Since 4/2020 Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
2/2021 – 3/2021 Dispute Resolution Associate, Kaplan and Stratton Advocates, Nairobi (Kenya)
8/2020 – 11/2020 Consultant, The Commonwealth Secretariat, London (The United Kingdom)
3/2020 – 5/2020 Policy Analyst, UK Equality and Human Rights Commission, London (The United Kingdom)
1/2017 – 9/2019 Dispute Resolution Associate, Kaplan and Stratton Advocates, Nairobi (Kenya)
5/2015 – 12/2016 Graduate Assistant, Strathmore University Law School, Nairobi (Kenya)
9/2019 – 7/2020 Master of Philosophy in Public Policy, University of Cambridge, Cambridge (United Kingdom)
1/2016 – 12/2016 Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law, Nairobi (Kenya)
9/2011 – 4/2015 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Nairobi, Nairobi (Kenya)
- Lead author, “Derivative Action Under the Companies Act 2015 (2016) 2 Strathmore Law Journal, pp 75-96.
- Lead author, “Law Clinics and Access to Justice in Kenya: Bridging the Legal Divide” (2016) Vol 3 International Journal of Clinical Legal Education, Issue 5, pp 107-134.
- Co- author, “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace in Kenya” (2018) East Africa Law Journal pp 184-209.
- “The Prerequisites for Realizing Effective Participatory Budgeting by Counties in Kenya” (2020), MPhil Thesis for the Master of Philosophy in Public Policy Course at the University of Cambridge.
- Awarded the Wolfson OCSK Cambridge Trust Scholarship to undertake postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge.
- Part of the team that was awarded for the best report in the 2020 Cambridge University MPP Policy Analysis Exercise, awarded for excellence in policy innovation in the field of Digital Governance for the World Bank Group.
- Law Society of Kenya
- East Africa Law Society
- Cambridge University MPP Forum, Cambridge (United Kingdom), 24 February 2020, “Policy Making for Uncharted Terrains” (Presenter).
- The Risks and Rewards of Clinical Legal Education Programs, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, Toronto (Canada) 10-12 July 2016, “Law Clinics and Access to Justice in Kenya: Bridging the Legal Divide”. (Presenter)
- Associate Editor, Cambridge Review of International Affairs (9/2019 – 9/2020)