Start date: 2013
Areas of expertise: Public International Law, Constitutional Law, Fair Trial Standards, Human Rights, Legislative and Constitutional Drafting, Legal Pluralism, Islamic Law, Electoral Law, Legal Theory, Fundamental Principles of Governance, Independence of the Judiciary, Access to Justice, Procedural Law of Institutions
Highlights: 5+ projects, 10+ workshops
Start date: 2013
The latest project began in March 2020 and continues the Foundation’s commitment and strengthened cooperation with the legal and justice institutions in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The new project, “Strengthening Legislative Compliance and Constitutional Interpretation in Jordan”, works closely with the Constitutional Court of Jordan, the Court of Cassation, ordinary courts outside of Amman, and the Bureau for Legislation and Opinion, to bolster a holistic approach to the drafting and interpretation of laws by legal drafters and judges. Together with our partners, the Foundation aims at strengthening the capacity of legal drafters and judges on compliance with constitutional law, international law and international standards for legislative drafting.
Current projects in Jordan
- There are no current projects.
Completed projects in Jordan
- Strengthening Legislative Compliance and Constitutional Interpretation in Jordan
- Raising the Capacity and Technical Knowledge of Judges of the Constitutional Courts of Jordan and Palestine, Judges of the Court of Cassation and Ordinary Courts in Jordan
- Strengthening the Constitutional System of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan: Enhancing the Capacities of the Constitutional Court, the Court of Cassation and the Jordanian Bar Association
- Support to the Constitutional Court and Judicial Institutions of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan