Pham Ngoc Minh Trang, LLM
Other Activities and Research Interests
International Law, Law of the Sea, Dispute Settlement
Since 5/2021 Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
9/2019 – 12/2019 Fulbright Visiting Scholar, US-Asia Law Institute, New York University (NYU), New York (United States)
12/2018 Training at the 2018 United Nations Course in International Law for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok (Thailand)
7/2014 – 3/2015 Research Fellow, International Tribunal for Law of the Sea (ITLOS), Hamburg (Germany)
2013 – 4/2021 Lecturer, University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH), Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
2011 – 2012 Studied International law for a master’s degree at University of Nottingham (United Kingdom)
2007 – 2011 Studied International Relations for bachelor’s degree at University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH), Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- NMT Pham (2021), “ASEAN’s responsibilities towards regional peace and security under the light of international law”. Science & Technology Development Journal – Social Sciences & Humanities, 5(2), 999-1007 doi.
- NMT Pham (2018), “Advisory opinion of international courts: an option for the issues of artificial islands in the South China Sea”, Journal of legislative studies, Vol 23/2018, pp. 16-26
- Book: Closed observation: The South China Sea in the post arbitration award period, Van Hoa – Van Nghe Publisher, Ho Chi Minh City, 2017 (with Professor Tran Nam Tien, Vietnam National University)
- Advancing US-Vietnam Cooperation in the South China Sea: Towards a stable, Rule-based maritime order in Southeast Asia, Pacific Forum, Hawaii, USA, 24/11/2020, Panelist. Link here.
- Tenth Annual South China Sea Conference, Session two, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington, D.C., USA, 12/08/2020, Panelist. Link here.
- Vietnam’s new approach to the South China Sea disputes, US-Asia Law Institute (USALI), New York University, New York, USA, 27/05/2020, Panelist. Link here.
- Young Leaders, awarded at the 8th South China Sea International Conference, by Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vietnam
- Young scholar program, awarded at the ILA Biennial International Conference 2016, by International Law Association (ILA)