Support to the Transitional Process in Mali
The Foundation has been engaged in Mali since 2016 and is currently supporting the transitional process in Mali by building the capacities of the Constitutional Court in the area of electoral law and litigation. As part of the current project, the team is also enhancing the capacities of both the Constitutional Court and the Supreme Court of Mali in the field of access to justice. Project components include:
- Building the capacities of the Constitutional Court of Mali in the area of electoral law and litigation
- Strengthening the capacities of the Constitutional Court of Mali and the Supreme Court of Mali in the areas of access to justice
- Strengthening the constitutional order in Mali through the dissemination of the Constitutional Court’s case law
- Lecture Series for law students of the University of Bamako.
With financial support from the German Federal Foreign Office, the Foundation further supports the Constitutional Court’s work by preparing comprehensive and consolidated collections of the Constitutional Court’s decisions and judgements since 1995. While the previous project saw the publication of the case law of the Constitutional Court from 1995 to 2019 (available on the Court’s website), the Foundation is now working on subsequent Volumes.
13 January 2021 – 31 December 2022
- Cour Constitutionnelle du Mali
The Foundation Conducts Seminar for Students in Public Law at the University of Bamako
Second Workshop for the Judges of the Administrative Section of the Supreme Court of Mali
First Max Planck Guest Seminar at the Faculty of Public Law at the University of Bamako, Mali
The Foundation signs a Memorandum of Understanding with the Supreme Court of Mali
Fourth workshop for the Constitutional Court of Mali on ‘The Constitutional Protection of Fundamental Rights: Comparative Perspectives’